RSYO Auditions (click here for RSJSO Audition Information)
Audition Date: Rescheduled: Saturday, August 29, 2020 – Update (8/4/2020) – Auditions will be VIRTUAL. Students will record themselves and submit electronically before the August 29 deadline. More information will be posted after August 10.
Applications due August 1, 2020 (Late signups will continue to be accepted up through August 29). The $20 audition fee and signature page will be collected soon. You do not need to mail it into the RSO office yet. More details about payments and audition recordings will be posted after August 10.
Audition sign-ups are now underway for the Reading Symphony Youth Orchestra and Junior String Orchestra. All interested students will need to complete the following steps:
- Review the RSYO Eligibility Requirements, including the 2020-2021 season schedule.
- Fill out the online Google form
- Complete the RSYO Signature Page (this form, along with the $20 audition fee, does not need to be mailed in yet)
- Prepare music for the audition – Click Here for a list of District 10 Solos and Scales
- The 2019-2020 District 10 solo, or a solo of one’s choosing that fully demonstrates your finest playing. Please note, this is last year’s PMEA audition piece for District 10. We are still continuing with this selection despite auditions being pushed back to August.
- An assigned excerpt from the standard orchestral literature. Links to download the excerpts are posted below. Tuba and percussionists do not need to prepare an excerpt.
- Sight-reading and scales, if requested by the judges. Articulation of the scales is at the discretion of the performer. Scales will be limited to those required by District 10. Refer to the link under #4 for specific scales for each instrument.